Featured Post

Yes its sinking in.. Rank 40, CSE 2015.The UPSC circle- the close and the beginning.

Bagh-e-Bahisht Se Mujhe Hukam-e-Safar Diya Tha Kyun Kaar-e-Jahan Daraz Hai, Ab Mera Intezar Kar                      - Mohammad...

Sunday, January 31, 2010

YOU AND ME ARE FREE TO BE YOU AND ME...



Recently, I came across a quaint question... and since the question was not put up to me directly, i could not even reply... But somewhere in a shady corner of my mind, the tussel went on. And this is what i arrive at...




You and Me are free to BE You and Me...

I would often hear of the controversies that followed an author's book or a painter's work.The one related to Hussain's exile had effected me the most. I had started to understand that there are and there will be people who shall not respect your work; for they will interpret it in there own ways, as in the way they are made. Certain things are innate. You can't escape them. So, its not their fault if they can't reach your art and misinterpret it leading to strange and sometimes disgusting responses.
So, when this ageing 91-year-old man was left wandering in the world, his only crime bieng — India symbolically captured as a nude woman in the shape of the map of the country, it did not amaze me. The painting’s caption — Bharatmata — was the final trigger for volatile protests across the country. Effigies of the artist were burnt, an art show was disrupted and death threats were issued with unnerving alacrity.The painting was meant to go on auction to raise funds for victims of the Kashmir earthquake. But gallery owners were eventually forced to withdraw it from the bidding process. Coz people have their own grievances. Without even knowing, the whole thing and the essence behind it, THEY had to react! Thats how THEY are.

I had never thought i'd face such a question in my life, but I did. I'm no Hussain. I'm no Rushdie either. But I am what I am.And when my writings were questioned, and my art misinterpret, it hurt. It hurt a lot.

The Father touches 'The Lady' and creates in her womb, a miracle called 'LIFE'. And, He completes her and makes her 'a woman' that day.And She has to nurture this life inside her and take care of it so that one day it sees the world and The world sees it..

Can one odd day 'The Father' question her integrity, her intentions behind her nurturing the child and letting him out ino the world?

What if He does?

It hurts. It hurts a lot. But now she is a woman, a woman pregnent with life. She contains in her an inferno of this invincible strength.

When I write, I 'create'. I am a woman, a woman pregnant with life which is trying hard to see the world. And I need to bring this life into the world. No one has the right to question me or my intentions. Not even my 'inspiration', my 'muse'. Coz, i'm attached to this 'LIFE'.I have nurtured it. The muse only played its role to concieve it, and took exit. My creation is all mine now, an indispensable part of my body and soul.

So, as for my 'muse', even you can't question me.

You are among those thousand people in the world, whom i encounter each day and exchange smiles with. Its not that they don't matter, just that I know now that they can't reach me.Only that i want them to know-



"You and me are free to be...
You and me are free to be...
That you and me are free to be You and Me."

P.S : Might seem as a heavy dose of philosophy to THEM.As for THEM, i just wanna tell them. That i do not write for THEM. They niether deserve to question me nor my discretion on my creation, even if they ever shared a role in its conception. Their part is over for they chose to take exit.
I write for 'this life' breathing inside my womb which THEY blessed me with.
I write to feed this life...



7 comments:

  1. touching yar n jo pics use ki hai they r realy nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ghazal...
    First things first, you have a beautiful name! And your post lives up to the depth your name conveys....
    I fully agree and understand your idea of not writing for THEM but I think that as a woman you are much more than just a creator of something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You are among those thousand people in the world, whom i encounter each day and exchange smiles with. Its not that they don't matter, just that I know now that they can't reach me."


    indepth writing.

    Aditya of Aurum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wandered lonely as a Cloud
    That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd
    A host of dancing Daffodils;
    Along the Lake, beneath the trees,
    Ten thousand dancing in the breeze.

    The waves beside them danced, but they
    Outdid the sparkling waves in glee: --
    A poet could not but be gay
    In such a laughing company:
    I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
    What wealth the show to me had brought:

    For oft when on my couch I lie
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    They flash upon that inward eye
    Which is the bliss of solitude,
    And then my heart with pleasure fills,
    And dances with the Daffodils.

    -william wordsworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree when you say I am what I am.. but I will not tolerate if your existence mocks me, ridicules me. Hussain did that.. and he has committed a sin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesumly written baby ...

    I got tears in my eyes ...

    And the images are just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete